Our Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyers Discuss Severe Burn Injuries
At Montlick and Associates, our Atlanta personal injury lawyers understand the challenges that arise after a person is severely burned as a result of another's negligence. In addition to the mounting medical bills, painful surgical procedures, rehabilitation, burdensome insurance paperwork, and emotional damage associated with your burn injury, the last thing you want to have to worry about is having to fight your case out in court. At Montlick and Associates, our Atlanta personal injury attorneys want to help you fight for your right to receive compensation while you focus on recovering from your injuries. Contact Montlick and Associates now to learn more your legal options.
How We Handle Burn Injury Cases
Burn cases often involve permanent life altering injuries that normally necessitate a higher damages award. Specifically, burn victims face lifelong consequences, including scars and bodily disfigurement that cannot be fully repaired through surgery. At Montlick and Associates, we will examine your case to determine whether you have a valid claim for damages.
In handling your case, we may also:
- Gather all relevant evidence, including reports from the police and fire department, as well as photographs taken at the scene of the accident;
- Review all medical reports and records prepared by the medical professionals who are treating you for your injuries;
- Work hand in hand with renowned medical experts to evaluate the extent of your injuries and determine the costs associated with future medical procedures, rehabilitation and other forms of treatment; and
- Work with other professionals, such as fire inspectors, electricians, and accident investigators to help you determine causation and liability in your case.
Burn Injury Settlements
In many cases, our Atlanta burn injury lawyers are able to secure a settlement for clients who sustained burn injuries. However, we see all too often clients telling us that the insurance company is willing to settle with them, yet the amount is not nearly enough to compensate them for their injuries. At Montlick and Associates, we will fight the insurance companies with the intention of making sure that you are justly compensated for the damages you sustained.
Damages in Burn Injury Cases
The following are the types of damages we might pursue on behalf of burn victims:
- Economic damages – in Georgia, burn victims can be compensated for all medical expenses associated with their injuries, which could include future medical costs and rehabilitation that might be necessary for your full recovery. In addition, if you missed work due to your injuries, you should also be compensated for lost wages. Furthermore, if you were rendered unable to ever work again, you might also receive damages for diminished earning capacity as a result of your injuries.
- Non-economic damages – in many burn injury cases, victims receive damages for pain and suffering. This refers to the physical pain and mental anguish that was caused by your accident. A burn victim should also receive compensation for any resulting disfigurement caused by your burns.
- Punitive damages – these are damages that are not typical in personal injury cases by can be sought in the event a wrongdoer's reckless conduct led to your burn injuries. These types of damages are meant to punish the negligent party and discourage others from acting similarly.
Contact Montlick & Associates Now and Put Our Over 39 Years of Experience to Work For You
Our Atlanta injury lawyers are available to assist clients throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast, including but not limited to Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, Marietta, Rome, Roswell, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta, Warner Robins and all smaller cities and rural areas in the state. No matter where you are located, our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.