What Are the Different Types of Personal Injury Cases?
Most people have at least heard of the field of law commonly referred to as personal injury. In the minds of many it is associated with car accidents, but some people might not realize the extensive variety of cases that fall under the realm personal injury law.
At Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, our Georgia personal injury lawyers assist clients in a wide range of personal injury matters. Our firm has have assisted clients injured in an array of accidents for over 39 years.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Some of the most common types of personal injury cases in Georgia and beyond include:
- Slip and fall injury: If someone is injured on the property of another, the property owner can be held liable for their injuries. This is known as premises liability law.
- Car accidents: Perhaps the most frequent personal injury actions, car, truck, motorcycle and other traffic accidents can result in serious injuries and the at-fault driver responsible for them can be held accountable.
- Wrongful death: When someone is killed as a result of another's negligence, the family members of the deceased should have the grounds to file a wrongful death claim.
- Defective products: Defective products, which can include drug and medical devices, hold the potential to inflict serious personal injury to consumers or patients. Defective product cases can be brought against the makers of these harmful products.
- Drug injury: Defective drugs can cause injuries and even death. Drug manufacturers have the duty to ensure drugs are safe for their intended usage and recalled drugs can give rise to product liability claims.
- Nursing home abuse: Nursing home abuse or neglect occurs when a resident of the nursing home is subject to mental, physical, or emotional abuse. The nursing home can be held financially accountable for these egregious behaviors.
- Medical malpractice: When doctors or other medical professionals make mistakes that lead to injury or death, they should be liable if their actions rose to a level of professional negligence.
- Workplace accidents: Accidents occur in the workplace every day across America. If you are injured in a workplace accident, you can likely receive workers' compensation and might be eligible for additional outside compensation in addition to your workers' compensation pay.
- Dog bites: Dog owners can be held financially liable for the injuries their dogs inflict.
These are just a few of the most common types of personal injury cases. Anyone who has sustained an injury that could have been caused by negligence might have a viable personal injury action and should consult with a personal injury lawyer. Your lawyer will review your accident, preserve evidence, and take the necessary steps to protect your rights.
Contact Montlick and Associates and Put Our 39 Years of Legal Experience to Work For Your Claim!
If you were injured in an accident, you will need a skilled attorney to represent your interests. The Georgia Personal Injury Lawyers at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, assist injured accident victims across Georgia and in the Southeast. Our firm has over 39 years of experience and is committed to providing zealous representation to our injured clients. The sooner you act after your accident, the greater your chances of obtaining a full recovery. As such, it is important that you seek the assistance of a licensed lawyer as soon as possible.
Call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law, 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.