Tips for Drivers on How to Share the Road with Motorcycles
USA- Driving-tests.org reports that thousands of motorcyclists die every year on the road throughout America.
These road users may be using smaller vehicles yet they have an equal right to use the road. If you are operating a car, SUV, truck, or van, it is your obligation to ensure that you do not violate the right of way of motorcyclists or put these drivers in danger.
- Check Your Blindspots - One of the first things to remember is that motorcycles can become caught in a driver's blind spot. When changing lanes, be sure to check your mirrors and look behind you to ensure you are not about to enter the path of an oncoming motorcycle.
- When passing a motorcycle, it is important to provide ample space to the motorcyclist. Your increased vehicle speed can impact a person on a motorcycle because it generates wind.
- Use Your Turn Signals - Use your signals before passing in order to notify other drivers and motorists on the road of your intentions. Ensure that you are a safe distance ahead of the motorcycle before returning into the right lane.
- Allow More Space Between You and the Motorcycle in Front of You - It is also important to remember that motorcycles are smaller, and therefore often stop more quickly than cars and other large vehicles. It is your responsibility as a driver to allow enough space between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you for you to stop safely without colliding into the vehicle in front of you.
- Adjust for Weather Conditions - If the weather is bad or you are driving at night, make sure that you give even more space to motorcycles. If visibility is bad for you, it is also bad for the motorcyclist, and in the case of bad weather, the motorcyclist will be facing more challenges operating their bike.
Never underestimate the speed of an oncoming motorcycle. Always remember that crashes that may be minor for you can be fatal for a motorcyclist. Taking an extra second to look where you are going can save a life.
Put Our Law Firm's Legal Experience To Work For You! We Know What It Takes To Win!™
While we hope you are safe and never need our services, we are here to help you if you are involved in any type of accident or just have a question. Call Montlick & Associates, Injury Attorneys, for your free consultation today. Our law firm has been representing those who suffer serious injuries for over 39 years and our attorneys have recovered billions of dollars for our clients. We Know What It Takes To Win!™ Please visit our read Montlick and Associates reviews to see what our clients have to say about our commitment to exceptional service.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us nationwide 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or simply dial #WIN (#946) from your mobile phone. You can also visit us online at Montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat.