Atlanta Personal Injury Attorneys Discuss What You Should Do After a Bus Accident
Dealing with the aftermath of an auto accident can be rather difficult, leading to a great deal of fear, confusion, and uncertainty among its victims. However, when a crash involves a passenger bus, the moments following the accident can be simply terrifying. Unbeknownst to many people, accidents involving passenger buses can result in serious and sometimes fatal injuries. The main reason for this is that people who use public transit on a regular basis typically do not wear their seatbelts. Otherwise stated, they often trust that the bus driver will take all protective steps necessary to keep them safe and do not take affirmative actions themselves. Unfortunately, reality dictates that a driver's safety measures could be lacking or might not be enough to prevent injury. Several people fail to realize that the way buses are generally designed leave passengers vulnerable to serious and sometimes fatal injuries. For example, many buses do not even contain seatbelts or other customary safety devices (i.e. passenger airbags), making injury and death more likely to unknowing passengers.
For those who have been injured in an Atlanta Bus Accident, the good news is that there are steps you can take to protect yourself. These are as follows:
- Seek immediate medical treatment should you be involved in a bus accident. The shock associated with being in this type of accident can cause a person to not feel anything for days after the incident, despite being seriously injured;
- Follow all of the instructions of law enforcement and the first responders at the scene of the accident. Allow them to take you to the hospital should they believe that your injuries warrant further evaluation;
- Call the police department to find out when your accident report will be available. Make sure to review the document and advise the police of any errors before accepting it;
- Write down a summary of the facts underlying your accident. Do so immediately as delays in this regard could end up resulting in the loss of crucial information;
- Do not provide recorded statements to any insurance company representative without speaking to a Georgia Personal Injury Attorney. This includes those representing the bus company. This way, they will not be able to misconstrue what you way or use your statements against you later to deny coverage. Having an attorney to guide you through this process can prevent you from making innocent, yet costly mistakes in your case; and
- Contact a skilled Bus Accident Attorney. Specifically, bus accidents often involve many very complex and challenging issues that only an experienced attorney is capable of effectively handling. Having an attorney by your side can help maximize your chances of obtaining the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Put Our Law Firm's 30 Years of Legal Experience to Work For Your Claim!
The Accident Attorneys at Montlick & Associates have made it their number one goal to be the best personal injury lawyers in the United States in order to provide the legal representation that our clients deserve. In fact, our firm has been successfully representing those who suffer serious injuries from bus accidents throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast for over three decades, including, but not limited to, all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
Wherever you are located, our dedicated team of attorneys is just a phone call away – we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You also can visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.