What Are the Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Car accidents happen across the United States on a daily basis, with some being more serious than others. The majority of accidents can be prevented if drivers are vigilant about their safety and the safety of others on the roadway. Unfortunately, car accidents lead to hundreds of thousands of injuries and deaths, the causes of which are as follows:
- Speeding. Going above the speed limit increases the likelihood that an accident will happen. When speeding, it takes a larger amount of distance to stop or slow down to avoid a car crash. Accidents that occur at high speeds often lead to serious and sometimes fatal injuries.
- Distracted driving. Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of car accidents Forms of distractions are using a cell phone, texting, emailing, taking photos, eating, putting on make-up and using a navigation system. Any of these activities increases the likelihood of an accident.
- Driving while impaired. Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol is extremely dangerous as impaired drivers often suffer from a slower reaction time, trouble focusing, lessened coordination, and obscured vision.
- Fatigued driving. Driving while drowsy or falling asleep when behind the wheel increases the likelihood of an accident. Symptoms of drowsy driving include having to frequently blink, heavy eyelids, drifting in and out of lanes, and yawning.
- Reckless driving. Driving recklessly can lead to serious and sometimes fatal accidents. Reckless driving includes excessive speeding, a failure to yield, unsafely changing lanes, failing to stop at a stop sign or red light, and failing to use signals.
- Poor vehicle maintenance. Failing to properly maintain one’s vehicle can lead to serious and sometimes fatal accidents. This includes maintaining the vehicle’s brakes, tires, etc.
- Inclement weather. There are a number of weather conditions that lead to accidents which include rain, ice, snow and sleet.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 36 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
If you have been injured by any type of accident caused by someone else's negligence, call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law for your free consultation today. Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law has been representing those who suffer serious injuries for over 36 years.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour live chat.