Failure to Yield Violations That Cause Serious Traffic Accidents in Georgia
There are multiple conditions in which drivers need to yield to others while traveling on Georgia roadways. These include circumstances when drivers are coming onto a roadway, changing into another lane, completing a turn, and driving through intersections.
In most situations, yielding comes down to waiting for oncoming traffic to pass. This includes oncoming bicyclists and pedestrians. If drivers who need to yield fail to do so, they can cause vehicle accidents and be charged with a traffic violation in Georgia. Sometimes, failure-to-yield accidents result in serious injuries.
Some common yield rules drivers in Georgia need to observe include:
- Arriving at an intersection simultaneously with another motorist – The person who is on the left needs to yield in this situation, while the person on the right has the right-of-way.
- Arriving at a four-way stop – Pedestrians have the right-of-way first at four-way stops, followed by the vehicles that arrived at the intersection first. Again, if two cars arrived at the same time, the person on the left needs to yield.
- Completing left-hand turns – On left-hand turns, drivers need to yield to oncoming traffic.
- Turning right on red – When making a right-hand turn at a red light, drivers need to yield to oncoming traffic.
- Merging onto a roadway – When merging onto a road, highway, or interstate, drivers need to yield to other drivers and only merge when it is safe to do so.
- Emergency vehicles – Drivers in Georgia must always yield to emergency vehicles when their lights and sirens are running.
If you were involved in a vehicle accident in Georgia caused by a failure to yield, contact a personal injury attorney at Montlick & Associates to review your case.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 36 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
If you have been injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence,, call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law for your free consultation today. Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law has been representing those who suffer serious injuries for over 36 years.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour live chat.