Tips for Safe Traveling During the Holidays
GEORGIA – 2018 looks to be one of the busiest for traveling in the past decade, which means the chances of accidents are higher than ever. An online story from walb.com tells holiday travelers in Georgia how to stay safe during their holiday journeys.*
The rest of the holiday season could see substantial road traffic because of low gas prices, thousands more people are opting for the road over the air when it comes to gathering with their families.
To stay safe on the roads in Georgia this year, consider these tips:
- Make sure your vehicle is prepared for travel before you leave. Particularly if you are traveling a long distance, make sure your oil has been recently changed, tires inspected, radiator serviced, etc. Preventative maintenance can make the difference.
- Identify your exit by number and name before you start your journey, and pay attention to the exit numbers as you drive. A sudden lane change to exit can easily cause an accident.
- Start your traveling with a full tank of gas. Georgia is averaging $2.46 per gallon right now, and prices are even lower in Dougherty, Lee, and Sumter counties.
- Be aware of the weather. Check forecasts along your travel route to make sure you have clear weather, and prepare appropriately for any impending weather events. Inclement weather can quickly become dangerous.
- Fasten your seat belts, and make sure everyone in your car does the same. Seat belts lower the risk of death in a vehicle accident by 45 percent.
- Remember the Hands-Free Georgia Act is in effect, which means you cannot use any handheld electronic devices while driving in the state.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 38 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
If you have been injured in any type of accident caused by someone else’s negligence, call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law for your free consultation today. Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law has been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast for over 38 years, including but not limited to Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, Marietta, Rome, Roswell, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta, Warner Robins and all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour live chat.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333