Study Reveals 10 Most Dangerous States for Snowy Driving; Georgia Among Safest
UNITED STATES – November 1, 2018 (weather.com) According to an online news story from weather.com, Safewise recently analyzed data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and identified the 10 most dangerous states in the U.S. for driving in the snow. Georgia was among the safest states.*
Based on the data from NHTSA, in 2016, winter vehicle crashes were more deadly that floods and tornadoes combined. Floods and tornadoes killed 144 people in the country in 2016, while snow-related traffic crashes killed 445 people.
States that have mild winters were ranked among the safest as far as snow-related crashes. These safer states included Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and Hawaii. Zero snow-related vehicle wrecks occurred in these states during 2016. By contrast, numerous states in the U.S. piled up crash numbers in the winter months, and Safewise determined the 10 most dangerous states for snowy driving.
10. Nebraska – The state receives about 28 inches of snow every year, and the chances of having a snow- or ice-related crash in Nebraska are 0.3164 per 100,000.
9. Minnesota – Minnesota has about 53 inches of snowfall every year, and the chances of having a snow- or ice-related crash in the state are 0.3825 per 100,000.
8. New Mexico – The chances of having a snow- or ice-related crash in the state are 0.3837 per 100,000.
7. Iowa – Iowa has about 36 inches of snowfall every year, and the chances of having a snow- or ice-related crash in the state are 0.3841 per 100,000.
6. Michigan – The chances of having a snow- or ice-related crash in the state are 0.5946 per 100,000.
5. Maine – Maine has varied snowfall. Depending on the location in the state, people can see between 50 and 150 inches of snow every year, and the chances of having a snow- or ice-related crash in the state are 0.6018 per 100,000.
To see the rest of the list, visit the website linked above.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 35 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
If you have been injured in any type of accident caused by someone else’s negligence, call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law for your free consultation today. Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law has been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast for over 35 years, including but not limited toAlbany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, Marietta, Rome, Roswell, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta, Warner Robins and all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour live chat.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333