Drunk Driver in Atlanta Causes Multiple Accidents
A drunk driver recently caused as accident in Sandy Springs that severely injured a Sandy Springs police officer.* The alleged drunk driver struck the officer's patrol car although the patrol car had its emergency lights activated when the collision occurred. A photograph shared by the Sandy Springs Police Department shows heavy damage to the back of the police cruiser. The Sandy Springs police officer was hospitalized for treatment of his severe accident-related injuries.
At Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, our car accident attorneys understand the grave dangers of drunk driving. Our firm has assisted thousands of car accident victims injured due to driver intoxication. We fight to see that our injured clients obtain the compensation to which they are entitled under the law.
Shocking Drunk Driving Facts
The following facts about intoxicated drivers offered by MADD- Mothers Against Drunk Driving are alarming and serve to highlight the immense dangers of getting behind the wheel while under the influence of drugs or alcohol:
• Every two minutes, someone will be injured in a drunk driving accident.
• Two out of three people, on average, will be involved in a drunk driving crash at some point in their lives.
• Every day, about 27 people die in drunk driving accidents across the country.
• 28.7 million people admitted to driving under the influence in a survey in 2013.
• The average drunk driver will drive drunk 80 times before being arrested.
What To Do If You Are Injured in a Drunk Driving Accident
After a drunk driving accident, you should take the following steps, among others, to protect your health and legal rights:
- Call 911: If you or the other driver has been injured in a crash, call 911 so that you receive prompt treatment for your injuries. Police responders may test the other driver for DUI which can help you later in your personal injury claim if you have been injured.
- Gather contact information: If possible, take down contact information from the other driver and any witnesses to the crash, including name, address, phone number, insurance information, and driver's license number.
- Collect evidence: Take pictures of the scene of the accident and the vehicles involved.
- Call Montlick & Associates: Drunk driving accidents normally require the assistance of an experienced and knowledgeable attorney. These serious crashes can involve considerable damages and complex legal issues. Our firm has decades of experience assisting drunk driving accident victims. We strive to provide quality legal assistance with a client-focused approach.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 37 Years of Legal Experience to Work For Your Car Accident Case!
If you are injured in a car accident, contact the Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law. For over 37 years, our firm has assisted thousands of injured clients across Georgia. We provide compassionate and knowledgeable representation and strive to achieve your best legal outcome within the bounds of the law. We offer you a free case review to explain your legal rights as well as the actions necessary to protect those legal rights.
No matter where you are located, our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Hours: Open Today · Open 24 hours