Atlanta Car Accident Attorneys Provide Tips for Safe Driving
Atlanta is a bustling city with thousands of office buildings, restaurants, tourist destinations, and more. The city attracts many visitors and its roads can quickly become crowded. Atlanta is the site of tens of thousands of accidents annually. The Governor's Office of Highway Safety reports that in 2014, 77 fatal crashes occurred in Fulton County, within which is Atlanta, and an additional 14,373 accidents resulted in injuries. Drivers in and around Atlanta must contend with crowded roadways, out of state drivers, distracted drivers, speeders, and many others practicing dangerous driving behaviors. Those injured in a crash due to negligence can seek compensation from the at-fault driver responsible for their injuries.
Our car accident attorneys at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, know firsthand how common car accidents are in the Atlanta area. We assist injured car accident victims every day, fighting to see that our clients obtain the compensation they deserve within the bounds of the law. Our firm wants to see you and your family stay safe while driving in Atlanta, so we offer a look at some safety tips below that may help you prevent an accident.
Stay Safe While Driving in Atlanta
Despite the risk of an accident in the Atlanta area, there are some steps you can take to help you stay safe while driving around the city. Take a look at these safety tips offered by Edmunds and our car accident attorneys at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law:
1. Pay attention: Always focus on the road ahead. Atlanta roads can quickly become congested and lanes can merge due to construction. If you are distracted, you could be seriously injured in a car accident in such a situation.
2. Scan the road ahead: You will prevent accidents by looking beyond the car right in front of you. Scan the road ahead so that you will spot any dangers and react promptly.
3. Be aware of your blind spots: Adjust your mirrors to a safe position, but always remember that you cannot rely solely on your mirrors. Your vehicle will have several blind spots, and you should always look over your shoulder before merging or turning.
4. Maintain your vehicle: Car maintenance is crucial to accident prevention. Be sure your vehicle is in top working order, including your tires and brakes.
5. Avoid nighttime driving: Nighttime driving comes with additional risks. Drivers will need to contend with drunk drivers on the road, while also coping with their own increased fatigue. If you must drive at night, be sure you are adequately rested, obey speed limits, and practice defensive driving.
6. Keep your cool in traffic: Congestion is a source of many accidents in Atlanta. If you are stuck in traffic, be sure to maintain your cool and continue to pay attention to the road. Road rage or distraction can place you at considerable risk of an accident.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 36 Years of Legal Experience to Work For Your Case!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, the Atlanta Car Accident Attorneys at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, are here to help. Since 1984, Montlick & Associates has assisted auto accident and injury victims throughout the State of Georgia.
No matter where you are located, our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.