Atlanta Personal Injury Attorneys Offer 4th of July Safety Tips
The Fourth of July is a time for celebrations, often involving fireworks, barbeques, trips to the beach, and other festivities. At Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law, our Atlanta personal injury attorneys want you to enjoy this summer holiday, but also stay safe. The 4th presents a number of dangers to adults and children alike. The following is a look at some safety tips offered by the Red Cross that could protect you and your family this upcoming 4th of July:
Counties across Georgia set their own regulations concerning fireworks. In many areas, it is illegal to set off fireworks, mainly due to fire hazards. Thus, the safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a public show held by professionals. If you do elect to light fireworks on your own, be sure to observe the following rules, among others:
• Never allow small children to use fireworks
• Follow instructions printed on the pack closely
• Keep water nearby for protection
• Wear eye protection when lighting fireworks
• Only light fireworks in a safe, clear area without people, animals, trees, structures, or anything flammable nearby
• Light one at a time and do not attempt to relight any firework that does not work
Grills will be out in force on the Fourth of July. While grills are generally safe, fires and injuries can occur if safety steps are not followed. Be sure to:
• Supervise the grill at all times when in use
• Keep children and pets away from grills
• Never grill inside or in any covered area
• Move the grill away from trees or structures that could catch fire
Pool and Beach Safety
With the Georgia heat, swimming can be a great family activity on the Fourth of July. If you will be swimming in the pool or at the beach, follow these tips:
• Always supervise children when they are in the water and put life jackets on children that do not yet swim
• Swim only on lifeguarded beaches and check for any warning signs or flags
• Be aware that ocean and lake waters can drop off quickly
• Never dive headfirst into a pool and instruct children as to the dangers of diving
• Swim with a buddy if swimming in a lake or ocean
Roads will become crowded across Georgia over the holiday weekend. Plan ahead and leave early to reach your destination on time. Be aware that there will likely be intoxicated drivers on the roadways at night. Drive defensively and consider heading home earlier to decrease your risk of a car accident. If you intend to drink on the 4th, plan ahead and call a cab, Uber, or another safe ride.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 37 Years of Legal Experience to Work For Your Case!
If you are injured this 4th of July or any other time, the Atlanta Personal Injury Attorneys at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, are here to help. Our law firm has assisted injured accident victims for over 37 years. We represent injured clients across Georgia, including all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
No matter where you are located, our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.