Preparing to Pursue Your Georgia Personal Injury Claim
If you have been injured in a car accident, you are likely dealing with pain, stress and confusion. Preparing to file your potential personal injury action might not be the first thing on your mind. However, the steps you take in the aftermath of the accident to get ready for your claim is critical. You will need to follow several steps to prepare for your action, many of which can be time consuming.
The automobile accident lawyers at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, help each client to take the steps necessary to prepare for filing their personal injury actions. Personal injury claims will sometimes require the collection of much evidence and it is not always easy for accident victims to complete the process on their own. We offer the following tips for preparing to file your claim in the hopes to demystify the process. For a free consultation regarding your action, call our office today.
6 Tips to Prepare for Your Action
- Write down your recollection of the accident—one of the first things you can do is write down the events as you witnessed them while they are still fresh in your mind.
- Take photos—it is important to take photographs of the accident if you can. You should also photograph your injuries if they are visible.
- Collect all necessary documents—one of your most important tasks in preparing to file a personal injury action is obtaining all documentation that will support the claim. This includes all medical bills, logs detailing your time off work, the police report, insurance letters and more.
- Contact witnesses—you and your attorney might need to identify anyone who witnessed the accident and contact these individuals to obtain their account of it. Favorable witnesses can testify on your behalf at hearings or trial. It is important that you obtain witness contact information as soon as possible after your accident. Moreover, your attorney can assist in arranging interviews with these individuals.
- Total your damages—you will need to have an accurate idea of what the car accident has cost you in order to pursue your claim. This can be determined through a calculation of all medical bills, lost wages, future and ongoing medical expenses and more. You will also want to pursue damages for your pain and suffering, with which your attorney can assist.
- Consult with an attorney—obtaining the assistance of a lawyer will greatly increase your chance of success with your personal injury action. Speak with an attorney at Montlick and Associates early on for a free consultation. Our attorneys can examine the facts and circumstances of what happened as well as take the necessary steps to protect your rights.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 30 Years of Legal Experience to Work For You!
If you have been injured in a car crash because of another person or party, you will need dedicated legal counsel to assist you with your potential case. The automobile accident lawyers at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, help accident victims and their families in Georgia and in the Southeast. Our firm has over 30 years of experience that we will bring to your case. The sooner you act after your accident, the greater your chances of reaching the best possible outcome. As such, it is important that you seek the assistance of a licensed lawyer as soon as possible. Call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law, 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.