Ways to Maximize Your Chances of Compensation in a Georgia Car Accident Case
Each year, there are thousands of car accidents throughout the State of Georgia. Specifically, over 130,000 individuals are injured on an annual basis in car accidents located throughout the state. In general, the majority of these accidents arise due to the negligence of one or both of the drivers involved in the crash. Undoubtedly, being in an accident can be both physically and emotionally taxing and there is no way to fully predict whether you will be involved in one or not. However, there are various measures that you can take to enhance your chances of monetary recovery if you do become injured in a collision.
The following tips, among others, can assist you in the event you are in an accident:
- Be sure to get the names and contact information of all parties to the accident, including witnesses. Make sure to file a police report, even if you do nott think one is necessary. Police reports are used extensively by insurance companies in order to determine whether or not to pay a claim. In addition, attorneys rely on these reports in building a case to demonstrate the liability of the negligent party;
- Get medical help immediately if you think that you have been injured. If you wait too long to get treatment, your insurance company or the other driver's insurance carrier can deny you compensation when you submit a claim;
- Get everything down in writing. Be sure to write down all of the details regarding your case, including the facts surrounding your accident, statements made by parties to the accident, as well as witnesses, and memorialize in writing those conversations that you have with your insurance company. If you do not write these things down in a timely manner, there is a great possibility that you will forget important details later on, which could affect the amount of money you could be entitled to;
- Take photos of your accident. Pictures that capture the scene of the accident, the resulting damage to vehicles and property, and possibly the road or other conditions that might have contributed to the cause of the accident will certainly help corroborate your story in any ensuing litigation; and
- Speak with a qualified Georgia Personal Injury Attorney. It is crucial to speak with a knowledgeable car accident attorney who can help maximize your chances of recovery and provide you with a comprehensive overview of your legal options.
Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law: Georgia Auto Accident Attorneys
Car accidents are serious and require the most aggressive representation possible. If you or a loved one is injured in an automobile accident, the Georgia Auto Accident Attorneys at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, are here to help. Our dedicated law firm provides essential assistance to accident victims across Georgia and in the Southeast. We have over 37 years of experience and strive to provide you with the outstanding representation you need to mount your strongest case. The sooner you act after your accident, the greater your chances of obtaining a full recovery. As such, it is important that you seek the assistance of a licensed lawyer as soon as possible.
Call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law, 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.