Physical Therapy Following Your Georgia Car Accident
Physical therapy is a common treatment prescribed to car accident victims. In fact, it can assist injured accident victims in regaining their mobility and bodily functions following the accident. At Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, our Georgia car accident attorneys often represent clients who are undergoing physical therapy. We understand how important this therapy can be to your overall recovery. We assist our clients injured in car accidents by fighting to obtain compensation for their medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more from the party at fault for their injuries.
Below, we discuss some commonly prescribed types of physical therapy that can benefit car accident victims, depending upon the nature of the injuries:
1. Orthopedic Physical Therapy: This is perhaps the most common type of physical therapy. Occupational therapists assist in treating a wide variety of conditions impacting the musculoskeletal system. Orthopedic physical therapy can help car accident victims who have sustained whiplash, hand injuries, knee injuries, and more.
2. Neurological Physical Therapy: A neurological physical therapist treats conditions affecting the brain and central nervous system. Neurological therapy can prove critical for car accident victims because it is imperative to treat brain and spinal cord injuries as soon as possible after the accident in order to restore full functioning. This is a complex type of therapy, but its importance should not be overlooked.
3. Wound Care: Physical therapists can also assist in wound care. Car accident victims can suffer an array of serious wounds, and wound care physical therapists will help ensure the wound is receiving enough oxygen and blood. They can also use techniques to improve circulation to the wound, which can help in healing.
4. Cardiopulmonary: Cardiopulmonary physical therapists assist in rehabilitation of car accident victim's hearts and lungs. If a person suffers a heart attack as a result of the stress of the accident or a lung or rib injury, this type of physical therapy is essential in returning them to previous levels of functioning.
5. Massage Therapist: While not a traditional type of physical therapy, massage therapy can prove effective in treating muscle pains and conditions following a car accident. This treatment will often be covered under insurance and patients should ask their physicians if it can help them.
All of these necessary physical therapies will come at a cost for the car accident victim. This makes it vitally important that any car accident victim with considerable injuries that might require physical therapy consult not only with a medical doctor, but also with an attorney early on. Your attorney will help you to determine whether you have a viable car accident claim against the other party involved in the accident as well as take the necessary actions to preserve your rights.
Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law: Put Our Over 30 Years of Experience to Work on Your Car Accident Case!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact the Georgia Car Accident Attorneys at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law. Our dedicated law firm provides professional assistance to accident victims across Georgia and in the Southeast. We have over 30 years of experience and will provide you with the exceptional representation you need to mount your strongest case. The sooner you act after your accident, the greater your chances of obtaining a full recovery. As such, it is important that you seek the assistance of a licensed lawyer as soon as possible.
Call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law, 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.