How to Stay Safe Driving Near Tractor Trailer Trucks
Driving near tractor trailers can be challenging, but there are things you can do to stay safe on the road. Here are some tips to help you drive safely around tractor trailers:
- Keep your distance: Tractor trailers are much larger than passenger vehicles, and they require more time and distance to stop. To avoid a rear-end collision, it is best to maintain a safe distance between your vehicle and the tractor trailer in front of you.
- Avoid blind spots: Tractor trailers have large blind spots, also known as "no-zones," on both sides of the vehicle, in front of the cab, and behind the trailer. Stay out of these areas to minimize the risk of an accident.
- Pass with care: When passing a tractor trailer, make sure you have plenty of space and visibility before changing lanes. Signal your intentions well in advance, and pass quickly but safely.
- Stay alert: Driving near tractor trailers requires your full attention. Avoid distractions such as cell phones, food, or other passengers, and keep your eyes on the road and the truck at all times.
- Don't cut off the truck: Tractor trailers need more space to maneuver, so avoid cutting off the truck when changing lanes or making a turn. Give the truck plenty of space and time to respond.
- Be patient: Tractor trailers are often slower than other vehicles on the road, especially on hills or steep inclines. Be patient and wait for a safe opportunity to pass or change lanes.
- Watch for turn signals: Tractor trailers require more space to turn, so watch for the truck's turn signals and stay clear of the turning radius.
By following these tips, you can help ensure your safety and the safety of others when driving near tractor trailers. Remember, safe driving is a shared responsibility, and everyone on the road has a role to play in keeping each other safe.
Put Montlick's Decades of Legal Experience to Work in Your Case!
Since 1984, Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law, has recovered billions of dollars in financial compensation for our clients. Our national personal injury attorneys have the reputation, knowledge, and experience, necessary to provide the exceptional legal service that you deserve.
Montlick & Associates is ready to review your or your loved one's car accident claim at no cost or obligation. Call us 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) to speak with one of our experienced Georgia Accident Lawyers. No matter where you are located, our qualified personal injury lawyers are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you.