Georgia Auto Accident Attorneys Montlick & Associates' "Don't Drink & Drive" Campaign in its 28th Year!
In an effort to help reduce the enormous and completely avoidable human and financial toll that DUIs place on Georgia residents, Montlick & Associates has invested heavily over the past 36 years in a statewide "Don't Drink and Drive" public service initiative. The firm recently unveiled their 2012 campaign that includes several new television messages, as well as outdoor billboards- posted at www.montlick.com/dontdrinkndrive, and the firm’s Family Safety Guide: 5 Steps to Help Prevent Drunk Driving Accidents.
Did You Know?
- Drunk drivers are responsible for enormous financial costs to the public, estimated at $114.3 billion per year.
- Georgia law provides criminal liability for operating a motor vehicle when a driver’s normal faculties are impaired.
- Anyone who drives in Georgia when his or her blood alcohol content (BAC) exceeds .08 is presumed to have his or her driving ability impaired by alcohol.
- Drivers who are operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not only more likely to cause a car wreck but tend to be involved in more serious accidents.
- DUI auto accidents often involve excessive speed by the impaired driver, and the increased speed can result in more significant injuries including traumatic brain injuries (TBI), spinal cord injuries, severe internal organ damage, paralysis and wrongful death.
- Many Georgia drivers assume that they can drive safely after having a few drinks. This assumption has no basis in fact as alcohol slows reaction time and affects depth perception, coordination and judgment.
- Studies show that the risk of a driver being killed in a crash with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .08 is at least 11 times that of drivers without alcohol in their system.
- A BAC of .10% increases the risk to 29 times higher.
- Some studies conclude that a blood alcohol level as low as .02 affects one’s ability to drive and increases the likelihood of an accident.
The experienced Georgia DUI Accident Attorneys, at Montlick & Associates, have been representing drivers, pedestrians and passengers who suffer serious injuries and wrongful death caused by drunk drivers since the firm’s inception in 1984. Please click on these links to access additional information about our Georgia DUI Accident legal practice, as well as the firm's extensive library of DUI articles.
Our Georgia car accident lawyers are available to assist clients throughout all of Georgia and the Southeast, including but not limited to Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, Marietta, Rome, Roswell, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta, Warner Robins and all smaller cities and rural areas in the state. No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.