One Person Tragically Dies and Another is Injured in Montgomery County Accident
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, AL – According to an online news report at alabamanews.net, a person tragically died and another sustained life-threatening injuries following a traffic crash involving a sports utility vehicle and a motorcycle.*
According to police, the accident occurred in the late evening hours over the weekend on Gardner Road right off of Highway 94 in Montgomery County, Alabama.
The motorcyclist perished in the accident. The motorist who was injured was transported by medical helicopter to a local hospital for treatment. Gardner Road was closed for several hours as emergency personnel and law enforcement worked the scene. It is not clear what caused the accident.
The accident remains under investigation by the local police. There are no further details on the crash at this time.
Motorcycle accidents cause serious and often fatal injuries because a motorcycle does not have the protections associated with passenger vehicles. There are several causes of motorcycle accidents, which are as follows:
- Changing lanes in an unsafe manner. A driver is at risk of striking a motorcycle if he or she does not check his or her blind spot. Drivers who fail to use their turn signals also cause accidents.
- Parked car doors. When a driver opens a door of a parked car in the path of an oncoming motorcyclist, this can lead to serious accidents.
- Speeding. Speeding is a primary cause of accidents, which reduces the ability for a vehicle to stop in time to avoid a collision. The greater the speed, the more serious the consequences.
- Driving while impaired. Drivers who are impaired by drugs and/or alcohol have reduced judgment and concentration, sometimes leading to motorcycle accidents.
- Left turn accidents. Motorcycles are especially prone to left turn accidents due to the fact that drivers sometimes misjudge the distance when making a left turn. This can cause a collision with a motorcyclist, which often has deadly results.
Accident News is a safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.