One Sustains Injuries in School Bus Accident in Cobb County, Georgia
COBB COUNTY, GA – According to an online news report at cbs46.com, two lanes of the roadway were closed following an accident involving a school bus and a vehicle.*
According to police, there was one person inside the vehicle who sustained injuries. No one on board the school bus sustained injuries. Traffic was backed up for miles due to the accident.
It is not clear as to what was the cause of the accident. It is also not clear as to the status of the injury victim. Their identity has not been released at this time. There are no further details on the accident. The crash remains under investigation by the local police.
There are several causes of school bus accidents. These include the following:
- Distracted driving. Whether a driver is talking on a cellphone, texting, grooming, eating or fiddling with a radio or GPS device, these behaviors can cause serious and sometimes fatal injuries.
- Driving while impaired. Driving while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol reduces your judgment and concentration, potentially leading to accidents.
- Driving while fatigued. Like driving while under the influence, a driver that is fatigued is just as likely to cause an accident because their judgment and concentration are impaired.
- Inclement weather. Weather conditions such as ice, rain, sleet, snow and dense fog can lead to poor visibility and potential accidents.
- Speeding. Motorists often speed because they are in a rush to get to their destination. Bus drivers are no exception. With a set schedule, bus drivers are under a significant amount of pressure to meet important deadlines.
- Poor bus maintenance. Poor maintenance of a bus can lead to serious accidents. Accidents often occur due to poorly maintained brakes and tires.
Accident News is a safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.