One Individual Tragically Dies in Two-Vehicle Wreck in Ochlocknee, Georgia
OCHLOCKNEE, GA – According to an online news report at wctv.com, a person perished in an accident involving two vehicles in Ochlocknee, Georgia.*
The accident occurred at the intersection of Georgia Highway 3 and Georgia Highway 188 over the weekend. The victim is identified as a 23-year-old female, per the Thomas County coroner. The woman was a passenger of a Ford Ranger that was involved I the crash, per the Georgia State Patrol (GSP).
Troopers with the GSP note that an individual driving a Toyota did not yield at a stop sign, which caused the Ford to slam into the Toyota, which ended up flipping over onto the passenger side of the vehicle.
The others involved in the accident were taken to an area hospital. Their current status is not known at this time.
Charges are currently pending. There are no further details on the accident. The crash remains under investigation by the local police.
There are several causes of fatal accident, the top four of which are as follows:
- Distracted driving has become one of the primary causes of accidents per year in the United States. Always pay attention to the roadway when behind the wheel. That means that you should not be eating, texting, emailing, talking on a cellphone or applying makeup while driving.
- Impaired driving is one of the leading causes of fatal accidents. Driving while impaired causes an individual to have a reduced level of judgment and coordination, which can have deadly consequences.
- Speeding. While it is tempting to speed, especially when you are running late, this is the second most common cause of crashes. Always drive the speed limit, as speeding often causes a motorist to not be able to stop in time to avoid a collision.
- Inclement weather such as rain, sleet, snow, ice and dense fog cause a reduction in visibility and slick road conditions. Always drive carefully when there are poor weather conditions to avoid an accident.
Accident News is a safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.