Pedestrian Seriously Injured in Warner Robins Crash
WARNER ROBINS, GA – According to an online news article at 13wmaz.com, a woman, aged 29, sustained serious injuries and is listed as in “extreme critical condition” after being struck by a vehicle earlier this week.*
Per a Warner Robins Police Department Facebook post, the accident occurred at North Davis Drive at Vickie Drive in the early morning hours. The police indicate that the woman was attempting to cross the roadway going west on North Davis Drive outside of a crosswalk. The driver, a 49-year-old man, was traveling south on the inside lane of North Davis Drive while operating a 2014 Ford Fusion. The man struck the woman as she was crossing the road.
Due to the impact of the accident, the woman was transported to a local hospital for treatment. There are no pending charges however, the accident remains under investigation by the local police. There are no further details on the crash at this time.
There are extra steps that pedestrians can take in order to avoid an accident. These are as follows:
- When on foot, always cross at designated crosswalks. Traffic control devices located at crosswalks indicate when it is safe to cross, and they are visible to drivers, enabling them to know that you are crossing the roadway.
- Do not expect drivers to see you. Drivers do not always pay attention to the road, whether they are driving under the influence, speeding, or distracted. Your best option is the be sure that traffic has stopped before you go across an intersection, even if you have the right of way.
- The car in front of you may be able to see you and stop. However, the driver behind the stopped vehicle may try to drive around the first vehicle without stopping. Be mindful of this possibility and look for additional vehicles before crossing the road.
- Move as far away from the road as possible. The most dangerous pedestrian accidents occur when a pedestrian is walking along a busy roadway in the shoulder. For roads that do not have sidewalks, be sure to walk as far away from the roadway as possible to avoid being hit by a vehicle.
Accident News is a safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
Source:https://www.13wmaz.com/article/traffic/womanhitbycarinwarnerrobins/93-d489a10e-bb2d-474c-a24f-caf86c60e213 and https://www.facebook.com/WarnerRobinsPD/posts/2413686842055564
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.