Roads Finally Cleared of Accident that Injured Approximately 20 Individuals
ATLANTA, GA – According to an online news report at 11alive.com, roads have finally been cleared of an accident that caused injuries to about 20 individuals. The accident occurred on Interstate 20 in Atlanta, Georgia.*
Per the Georgia Department of Transportation, the accident involved multiple vehicles on the easterly lanes of Interstate 20 close to Interstate 285. According to initial reports from the Atlanta Fire Department, there were several injuries, some of which were serious.
Some of the individuals who sustained serious injuries were listed as in critical condition. The accident victims were transported to a local hospital where they were treated for their injuries. The current status of those injured in the wreck is not known at this time.
It is not clear what caused the accident to occur. The Atlanta Police Department is investigating the accident. Drivers were advised to avoid Interstate 20 eastbound while emergency personnel and law enforcement worked the scene. Motorists were redirected during this time. There are no further details on the accident at this time. The crash remains under investigation.
Multiple-vehicle accidents can be terrifying. People involved in multiple-vehicle accidents often sustain serious injuries, especially because vehicles are often hit more than once when a pileup occurs. There are several causes of multiple-vehicle accidents, which are as follows:
- Distracted driving. When a driver chooses to eat, text, or talk on a cellphone, these actions can lead to serious and sometimes fatal multiple-vehicle accidents.
- Poor weather conditions. Ice, rain, sleet, heavy rain and dense fog lead to poor visibility and slick road conditions, making it much more likely for a multiple-vehicle accident to occur.
- Speeding. Drivers who speed reduce their reaction time as the speedometer rises. The force of the accident is also great, increasing the likelihood of an accident involving multiple automobiles.
- Driving while impaired. Consuming alcohol before getting behind the wheel is highly dangerous, as the driver’s reaction time and judgment are impaired by drugs, alcohol or both.
Accident News is a safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.