Officer from Atlanta Injured Following Inman Park Accident
ATLANTA, GA – According to an online news report at 11alive.com, a police officer from Atlanta is currently recovering from his injuries, which are described as minor, after being involved in a crash over the Labor Day weekend.*
The officer was located in the 200 block of North Highway Avenue in Inman Park when the crash occurred. Upon impact, the police vehicle slammed into multiple parked vehicles. What caused the accident and who was at-fault is not clear at this time. The Atlanta Police Department did confirm that the officer was transported to a local hospital for treatment. The other driver involved in the accident was treated at the sceneand did not go to the hospital.
There are several common causes of car accidents, of which are as follows:
- Distracted driving. Whether someone is eating, drinking, talking on a cellphone, texting or engaging in another form of distracting behavior, these actions can cause a serious accident involving injuries and even death. Drivers are urged to avoid distractions when behind the wheel, especially in light of Georgia’s new Hands-Free Law, which prohibits drivers from holding and operating a hand-held device while driving.
- Driving while impaired. Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol leads to a delayed reaction time and impaired judgment, potentially resulting in an accident with injuries and/or fatalities. Never drink and drive. Always have a designated driver to get you home safely if you have been drinking.
- Inclement weather. Heavy rain, ice, snow, sleet, hail and dense fog cause slick road conditions and poor visibility which often cause accidents. Drivers are encouraged to operate their vehicles in a careful manner during inclement weather in order to avoid an accident.
- Poor vehicle maintenance. Overly worn brakes and tires, for example, are common issues arising out of poor vehicle maintenance. These can lead to serious accidents. Always be sure that you maintain your vehicle at all times to avoid the risk of being involved in a crash.
Accident News is a safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.