Man who Died in Washington County Crash Identified
WASHINGTON COUNTY, FL – According to an online news report at wjhg.com, the individual who was involved in a fatal accident has been identified as a male, aged 70, from West Melbourne, Florida. The man died in an accident that occurred on Interstate 10 earlier this week.*
Another male, aged 58 from Molino, Florida, was traveling west on Interstate 10 in the inside lane when his vehicle collided with the deceased’s car.
There are no further details on the accident at this time. The crash remains under investigation by the local police.
There are several causes of deadly accidents which are as follows:
- Driving while impaired. This is a leading cause of deadly accidents because drug and/or alcohol impair one’s reaction time and judgment.
- Driving while distracted. Driving while distracted (due to texting, emailing, eating, grooming, etc.) causes someone to take their eyes, ears or mind off of the road, potentially leading to serious and sometimes fatal accidents.
- Inclement weather. Poor weather conditions such as ice, snow, sleet, heavy rain and dense fog can lead to hazardous driving conditions due to decreased visibility and slick roadways.
- Reckless driving. Swerving in and out of lanes, speeding, and not abiding by traffic laws cause serious accidents on a daily basis. These behaviors compromise the safety of others on the roadway and can cause deadly crashes.
- Drowsy driving. Driving while tired is often akin to driving while impaired because a tired driver has a reduced reaction time and poor judgment, both of which can cause fatal accidents.
- Failure to obey traffic laws. Drivers cause deadly accidents who fail to stop at a red light or at a stop sign.
- Failure to yield the right of way. Failing to yield, even when a driver has the right of way, causes deadly collisions each year.
Accident News is a safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.