Report: I-75 in Georgia Among Top 10 Most Dangerous Roadways for Summer Travel
GEORGIA – According to an online news report published by patch.com, Interstate 75 in Georgia is among the Top 10 most dangerous roadways in the country for summer travel. A company called ASecureLife recently analyzed summer traffic fatalities in the U.S. and ranked highways and interstates according to the number of deadly accidents that occurred on them during the season in 2015, 2016, and 2017.*
ASecureLife is an online organization that reviews home security systems. In order to bring awareness to the unique risks of summertime driving, the company reviewed crash data from the years 2015 through 2017 and noted the number of fatal accidents on individual roadways from May to September each year. The company compiled the data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Looking at the company’s analysis, the deadliest road in Georgia during the summer is I-75. From 2015 to 2017, more than 110 fatal traffic accidents happened on I-75 in Georgia during the summertime. This placed I-75 in Georgia at the No. 9 spot for deadliest roadways during the summer. In that same timeframe, 55 deadly collisions happened on Interstate 20 in Georgia, and 35 deadly accidents happened on Interstate 16 in Georgia.
The total list of the Top 10 deadliest interstates and highways, as ranked by ASecureLife includes:
10. State Road 99 in California, with 110 fatalities
9. Interstate 75 in Georgia, with 111 fatalities
8. Interstate 75 in Florida, with 122 fatalities
7. Interstate 35 in Texas, with 139 fatalities
6. U.S. Highway 101 in California, with 139 fatalities
5. Interstate 20 in Texas, with 151 fatalities
4. Interstate 10 in Texas, with 154 fatalities
3. Interstate 95 in Florida, with 158 fatalities
2. U.S. Highway 1 in Florida, with 160 fatalities
1. Interstate 5 in California, with 192 fatalities
Accident News is a safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.