Two Males Tragically Die in Accident Close to Twin City in Emanuel County, Georgia
EMANUEL COUNTY, GA – According to an online news report at statesboroherald.com, two men died in an accident that occurred earlier this week close to Twin City on Highway 80. The accident occurred in Emanuel County.*
According to the Georgia State Patrol Post 19’s initial report, a man, aged 29, from Statesboro, Georgia was going westbound on Highway 80 close to Beaver Creek Campground early in the morning. For reasons unknown, he went across the center line. Another 29-year old male driver from Wadley, Georgia was going east when his car collided with the Statesboro male driver’s vehicle. The collision between the two vehicles was “headlight to headlight.”
The 29-year-old Statesboro man died at the scene of the accident. The other driver from Wadley was taken to an area hospital where he perished around 10 a.m. in the morning.
The accident remains under investigation by the local police. There are no further details on the accident at this time.
There are several causes of serious accidents in Georgia, according to huffpost.com. These are as follows:
- Distracted driving. Whether a person is eating, drinking, talking on their cellphone, texting, grooming and fiddling with a radio or GPS device, these actions often lead to serious and sometimes fatal accidents.
- Impaired driving. When a driver is impaired by alcohol and/or drugs, this results in a lack of judgment and coordination. This often leads to serious accidents. Never drink or take drugs before driving.
- Reckless driving. Some drivers choose to abruptly change lanes, speed, running a stop sign or traffic light, or tailgating, resulting in serious and sometimes fatal crashes.
- Inclement weather. Heavy rain, ice, hail, and snow can cause treacherous road conditions, leading to reduced visibility.
- Speeding. It is often tempting to speed if you are running late. Speeding is the second most common cause of car accidents in Georgia.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
Source:https://www.statesboroherald.com/local/two-killed-emanuel-county-crash/ and https://www.huffpost.com/entry/top-15-causes-of-car-accidents_b_11722196
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.