Accident on Liberty Bypass Caused Major Traffic Delays
ALBANY, GA – According to an online news report at walb.com, an accident that occurred in the easterly lanes of the Liberty Bypass caused major traffic delays.*
This accident happened close to the location of another accident that resulted in fatalities. The location is due east of the Jefferson Street exits.
Albany police officers were dispatched to the scene of the crash where a roll-back truck was engaged in the removal of the vehicle involved in the accident. Traffic has once again resumed going in an easterly direction. It is not clear as to whether there were any injuries or fatalities in the crash.
There are no further details on the accident at this time. The crash remains under investigation by the local police.
There are several causes of deadly accidents in the United States. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), these include the following:
- Driving while tired. Driving while tired can be akin to driving while impaired due to the fact that the motorist’s judgment and coordination are affected by fatigue. These account for about 3% of accidents in the U.S.
- Inclement weather. Poor weather conditions, whether due to rain, sleet, ice and snow, or dense fog can lead to fatal accidents.
- Recklessness. Reckless drivers blatantly disregard traffic laws, compromising the safety of other drivers, pedestrians and bicyclists on the roadway. These account for about 3.5% of fatal accidents.
- Failure to obey traffic signs and signals. Failing to stop at a red light or a stop sign accounts for about 4% of all types of fatal accidents in the U.S. Ignoring traffic signals is extremely dangerous, and leads to serious injuries and death.
- Driving while distracted. This is a serious problem where people drive while texting, eating, fiddling with a radio or GPS device, grooming, etc. According to the NHTSA, there are over 3,000 individuals who die in distracted driving accidents in the U.S.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.