At Least Five People Injured After Separate Accidents on Interstate 75; One Accident Involved 18-Wheelers
PEACH COUNTY, GA – According to an online news report at wgxa.com, at least 5 people sustained injuries in separate accidents that occurred on Interstate 75 northbound in Peach County earlier this week.*
The Georgia Department of Transportation indicates that two separate accidents occurred close to mile marker 151 between the Sardis Church Road interchange and the Byron-Fort Valley interchange. It is not clear whether the accidents are related or not. There is no word on whether there were any deaths.
The first accident occurred between a tow truck and two 18-wheelers whereas the second accident involved 6 passenger automobiles.
There are no further details on the accidents at this time. The crashes are currently under investigation by the local police.
There are several causes of trucking accidents, which are as follows:
- Driver fatigue. The most common types of trucking accidents involve a driver who is tired. Trucking companies are known to put pressure on drivers to get to their respective destinations. As a result, truckers sometimes go long distances without resting, which can lead to a driver falling asleep at the wheel.
- Alcohol and drug use. Some truckers drive while impaired by drugs and/or alcohol, which leads to reduced coordination, poor judgment, and a lack of concentration. Alcohol and drug use lead to serious and often deadly accidents.
- Driver inexperience and poor training. Truckers are required to log a certain amount of hours for training and to meet certain minimum requirements. Notwithstanding, not all truckers adhere to these guidelines, which results in a poorly trained trucker with a lack of experience behind the wheel.
- Speeding. Because truckers are often pressured by their employers to meet certain deadlines, they often speed, which results in serious and sometimes fatal accidents.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.