Two Men Sustain Critical Injuries in North Port Single-Vehicle Accident
NORTH PORT, FL – As reported in an online news article published by www.mysuncoast.com, 2 men have been critically injured in a vehicle accident on southbound I-75.*
According to Florida state troopers, an afternoon accident in North Port critically injured 2 men. The single-vehicle accident happened on southbound I-75 at Kings Highway near mile marker 172.
Troopers state that a 32-year-old man lost control of his 1999 Ford vehicle, “veering off to the right of the highway and hitting a guardrail.” The Ford subsequently rotated clockwise and struck the guardrail a second time with its rear.
Both the 32-year-old driver and his 27-year-old passenger, another man, sustained critical injuries in the single-vehicle accident. The 32-year-old driver was transported to Sarasota Memorial Hospital, and the 27-year-old passenger was transported to Lee County Memorial.
Common Causes of Accidents
Single-vehicle accidents happen for a variety of reasons, and such accidents often lead to serious injuries or death. In some cases, single-vehicle accidents are more catastrophic than accidents involving 2 or more vehicles. Common causes of single-vehicle accidents that injure and claim the lives of Floridians each year include the following:
- Driving while tired or falling asleep at the wheel;
- Weather conditions (heavy rain, high winds, and dense fog);
- Driving late at night or early in the morning when visibility is low;
- Driving while intoxicated on alcohol or drugs (which may include some prescription and over-the-counter medications);
- Trying to avoid colliding with another vehicle or object in the roadway (such as debris or an animal);
- Driver inexperience;
- Distracted driving;
- Brake failure; and
- Tire failure.
Injuries resulting from single-vehicle accidents have the potential to be life-altering and deadly. For example, if a single-vehicle accident involves a rollover, the occupants of the vehicle may be thrown around within the vehicle or even ejected. Additionally, striking something head-on, such as a guardrail, can kill a person instantly. As such, the consequences of a single-vehicle accident can be far-reaching.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.