Tire Falls Off Tractor-Trailer, Tragically Killing a Woman
BYRON, GA – According to an online news report at 41nbc.com, a tire came off of a tractor-trailer, causing a woman to sustain fatal injuries.*
The tire became dislodged from its axle on a tractor-trailer and went through the windshield of a woman’s car, causing her to sustain fatal injuries. The accident occurred over the weekend.
According to the Peach County coroner, the woman who perished, aged 36, was going southbound on Interstate 75 when the wheel of an 18-wheeler came off of the axle and travelled in the opposite direction. The coroner notes that the wheel went across the median and hit the woman’s windshield head-on. The woman perished at the scene of the accident. The woman’s child and parents were also in the vehicle however, they did not sustain any life-threatening injuries.
There are no further details on the accident at this time. The crash remains under investigation by the local police.
There are several causes of trucking accidents, which include:
- Distracted driving. Truckers fall prey to distractions just as much as operators of passenger vehicles. Whether they are eating, drinking, texting, emailing, fiddling with a radio or GPS device, or grooming, these actions can lead to serious and sometimes fatal accidents.
- Poor truck maintenance. Truckers and trucking companies must inspect their vehicles before embarking on a trip. This includes checking the brakes, tires, and other essential parts of a truck. A failure to do so can cause accidents resulting in serious injuries and even death.
- Driving while impaired. Driving while drunk can cause a delayed reaction time and poor judgment, potentially leading to deadly crashes.
- Improper cargo loading. If a truck is not properly loaded, it could cause an imbalance, leading to accidents that are serious and potentially life-threatening.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.