Car Flips in Bradenton on I-75 South and East Road 70, Injuring One Person
BRADENTON, FL – According to an online news article published by www.mysuncoast.com, one person sustained injuries and was transported to a local hospital after being involved in a rollover accident.*
A Saturday morning accident sent one person to the hospital in Bradenton. The accident happened on I-75 South and East Road 70 when a vehicle was seen flipped over. The driver of the vehicle was transported to a local hospital for treatment of injuries. The nature and severity of the injuries are unknown.
The scene of the accident was investigated for a few hours, and the flipped vehicle was towed away. The cause of the accident is unknown.
Common Causes of Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents are some of the most dangerous accidents, often resulting in serious injuries and death. While it is not possible to prevent every single accident, many rollover accidents are preventable. However, to prevent rollover accidents, it is first important to understand the common causes and contributing factors of such accidents.
According to www.safercar.gov, common causes and contributing factors of rollover accidents include the following:
- Vehicle Type– While all vehicle types can be involved in a rollover accident, taller, narrower vehicles like SUVs, pickup trucks, and vans (all of which have a higher center of gravity) are more susceptible to rollovers if involved in single-vehicle accidents.
- Speed– Approximately 40 percent of fatal rollover accidents involve excessive speeding, and nearly 75 percent of fatal rollover accidents happen on streets and highways with a posted speed limit of 55 miles per hour or higher.
- Alcohol– Almost half of all fatal rollover accidents involve alcohol, and even a slight amount can cause impairment.
- Location– Most fatal rollover accidents happen on rural roads that do not have dividers or barriers. Nearly 75 percent of fatal rollover accidents happen in rural areas where the posted speed limit is 55 miles per hour or greater.
- Routine Driving– More than 90 percent of fatal single-vehicle rollover accidents involved routine driving maneuvers such as going straight or negotiating a curve.
- Single-Vehicle Accidents– Nearly 85 percent of all fatal rollover accidents involve one vehicle.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
Source:https://www.mysuncoast.com/2019/08/10/crash-cleared-i-east-state-road/ and https://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle-Shoppers/Rollover/Causes
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.