One Person Tragically Dies and Three are Injured on Interstate 75 in Peach County
PEACH COUNTY, GA – According to an online news report at wgxa.tv, the Georgia Department of Transportation reports that a deadly accident happened on Interstate 75 southbound close to the Sardis Church Road interchange over the weekend.*
According to the Peach County coroner, two tires dislodged from aa semi-truck, causing them to strike another vehicle. This led to the tragic death of one person and injuries to three others. The injured victims are listed as in stable condition.
There are no further details on the accident at this time. The crash remains under investigation by the local police.
There are several causes of trucking accidents, which are as follows:
- Driver fatigue. The most common causes of trucking accidents is fatigue by overworked truckers. Many truckers are pressured into reaching their destinations quickly, which causes them to be tired and potentially fall asleep at the wheel.
- Poor truck maintenance. Failing to check the tires, brakes and other parts of a truck can lead to serious and sometimes fatal accidents.
- Driving while impaired. Just like drivers of passenger vehicles, truckers can fall prey to the temptations of drinking or taking drugs, which can lead to impaired judgment, a delayed reaction time, and poor coordination.
- Speeding. There is a lot of pressure for truckers to reach their destinations quickly, which can influence them to go at an excess rate of speed, increasing the chances of a serious accident.
- Distracted driving. Eating, drinking, grooming, texting, emailing, fiddling with a radio or GPS device, or talking with passengers can result in serious accidents.
- Poor driver training. Before truckers are allowed to operate commercial vehicles, they must put in a certain amount of training hours to meet certain minimum requirements. Some fail to meet these requirements, which can had deadly consequences.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.