Crash Involves a Box Truck in Miami-Dade County, Florida
MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, FL – According to an online news report at local10.com, the driver of a white box truck tragically died earlier this week on Interstate 75 close to Miami Gardens Drive.*
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, a lieutenant indicates that a white box truck was going southbound on Interstate 75 when it struck the rear-end of an 18-wheeler. Following the crash, there was extensive damage to the box truck following the serious accident. The lieutenant further notes that the driver of the box truck sustained serious injuries and died at the scene of the accident, as noted by the Miami-Date Fire Rescue unit.
Three lanes of traffic on Interstate 75 were closed due to the accident. There are no further details on this accident. The accident remains under investigation by the local police.
Accidents involving a failure to maintain vehicles
Like any other vehicle, trucks must be inspected and require regular maintenance prior to hitting the road. Regardless, the National Highway Safety Transportation Administration indicates that big rigs are involved in approximately 4,000 accidents and over 100,000 injuries each year in the United States. A failure to maintain a truck can cause a wide variety of problems, including trailers that are not properly attached, brake failures, tires that are overly worn, and improper load distribution.
Who can be held liable for a trucking accident?
While at the time of a crash all parties may not be readily known, the parties that may be liable for injuries sustained in a crash, depending on the circumstances, include the following:
- The driver of the truck
- The company or party that owns the truck
- The manufacturer of the truck
- The party that loaded the cargo on the truck
- The manufacturer of the brakes and tires on a truck
- The party responsible for maintaining the truck
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.