Injured? Dial #WIN or #946 from your cellphone for your free consultation or call 1-800-LAW-NEED.
Call Us 24/7
1-800-LAW-NEED
( 1-800-529-6333 )

Firefighters Say Overheated Battery to Blame for Housefire in Twin Falls, Idaho


August 06, 2019

TWIN FALLS, ID. – According to a news report posted online at kmvt.com, firefighters say that an overheated battery is the reason for a fire that broke out at a home in Twin Falls, Idaho. The news report does not say what type of battery was involved, but thankfully, no one was inside of the home when the battery ignited.* 

The incident happened in the early morning at a house in the 200 block of Harrison Street in Twin Falls. The Twin Falls Fire Department and KMVT report that at about 6:30 a.m., firefighters responded to the home after receiving an emergency call about a structure fire. They arrived at the one-story house to find that smoke was coming from the area of the attic. 

Firefighters entered the home and discovered the fire had spread to the living room. They found what they believed to be the source of the fire and extinguished the flames in the home. The news report states that firefighters had the scene under control in less than 30 minutes. Officials identified the likely cause of the fire as a battery that was charging near combustible materials. 

The report did not say what type of device the battery powered. Firefighters said it overheated and ignited the materials around it. Officials and KMVT report that luckily no one was inside the house at the time that the fire happened. No injuries were reported from the event. However, significant damage to the home occurred. The news report says the property damage is estimated to be between $10,000 and $15,000. 

Three engines and two ambulances responded to the scene, along with the Twin Falls Police Department. The report says police officers helped to direct traffic. No further information about the fire or the fire investigation was included in the news report from KMVT. 

Accident News is a safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes.  To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.

Source:https://www.kmvt.com/content/news/Charging-batter-blamed-for-Twin-Falls-house-fire-514368751.html

* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.

Category: Accident News

Please Note:
Many of our blog articles discuss the law. All information provided about the law is very general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Every situation is different, and should be analyzed by a lawyer who can provide individualized advice based on the facts involved in your unique situation, and a consideration of all of the nuances of the statutes and case law that apply at the time.