Crash in Bradenton Causes Shutdown of United States Highway 41
BRADENTON, FL - According to an online news report at bradenton.com, a crash blocked traffic on United States Highway 41 in both directions located south of State Road 70. The crash occurred over the weekend, per the Florida Highway Patrol.*
The Florida Highway Patrol has confirmed that an accident occurred on United States Highway 41. The accident happened just south of State Road 70 for several hours. There are no further details on the accident at this time. The crash remains under investigation by the local police.
There are several causes of car accidents in Florida, of which include the following:
- Distracted driving. This has become a leading cause of accidents in Florida. Distracted driving includes eating, drinking, texting, talking on a cellphone, grooming and fiddling with a radio or GPS system.
- Impaired driving. Drunk driving has become of the leading causes of accidents and often involves serious injuries. It is best to avoid driving after drinking and to have a designated driver to take you home.
- Speeding. The second most common cause of car accidents is speeding. Speeding leads to serious and sometimes fatal accidents.
- Recklessness. Changing lanes abruptly, speeding and acting aggressively can lead to severe injuries and sometimes death.
- Inclement weather. Rain, snow, sleet, ice and fog can cause impaired visibility and lead to serious accidents.
- Red light runners. Those that run red lights cause several accidents on a daily basis. Running red lights is illegal and leads to serious and sometimes fatal accidents.
- Design defects. Sometimes accidents are caused by flaws in the car itself. Be sure to respond to recalls and to take your car into the shop for maintenance.
- Tailgating. Driving too closely to the car in front of you can lead to serious accidents involving injuries. Be sure to keep a safe distance from the car in front of you.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.