Eight Vehicle Accident Occurs on Highway 59 in Baldwin County, Alabama
BALDWIN COUNTY, AL – According to an online news report at wkrg.com, a multiple-vehicle accident happened on United States Highway 59 northbound just south of County Road 10 located in Baldwin County, Alabama.*
A multiple-vehicle crash occurred on United States Highway 59 going northbound just south of County Road 10 in Baldwin County. The accident involved 8 vehicles. One of the individuals involved in the accident was taken by medical helicopter for treatment. The accident caused the shutdown of the highway to allow for law enforcement and emergency personnel to work the scene.
Multiple-vehicle accidents refer to crashes that involve over two automobiles. Approximately 1/3 of all vehicular accidents involve more than two automobiles. These types of accidents are commonly known as pileups.
There are several causes of multiple-vehicle accidents, which include the following:
- Traffic that stops short on a busy road
- Debris in the roadway
- Inclement weather such as rain, ice, snow, sleet and dense fog which can cause slippery road conditions and diminished visibility
- Going at an excess rate of speed
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, such as eating, talking on a cellphone, texting, etc.
- Vehicular defects
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.