Motorist Perishes Following a Head-On Crash in Huger, South Carolina
HUGER, SC – According to an online news report at counton2.com, law enforcement is currently conducting an investigation of a deadly head-on accident that occurred earlier this week in Huger, South Carolina.*
The accident occurred in the early morning hours on Cainhoy Road close to Cedar Hill Lane. According to the Berkeley County coroner, two individuals who were riding in one of two vehicles involved in the accident sustained injuries and were transported to a local hospital. The driver of the other vehicle sustained serious injuries and died at the scene of the accident. The deceased driver was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol as well as the local coroner’s office are conducting an investigation of the accident. There are no further details on the accident at this time.
Regardless of what caused a head-on crash, serious and sometimes fatal injuries can result. The most common types of injuries sustained by motorists and their passengers in a head-on crash include the following:
- Injuries to the neck. When the force of a head-on crash impacts a vehicle, an individual’s head can snap back and forth, leading to serious neck injuries, including whiplash.
- Head injuries. Even with the use of seatbelts, head injuries are common in head-on collisions due to the force the deployment of vehicle airbags.
- Lacerations and bruises. Glass that shatters as well as crushed metal and plastic typically occur in head-on crashes. When wreckage from a head-on collision hits into an individual, it can result in serious lacerations and bruising all over the body.
- Death. Death occurs in a high proportion of head-on collisions due to the sheer force of impact of two vehicles. While head-on crashes are not extremely common, they can have devastating effects, including serious injury and even death.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.