Man from Henderson County Shocked by Power Line; Coworker Thought he was Dead
HENDERSON CO., N.C. (WLOS) — According to an online news report at wlos.com, a twenty two year old man was electrocuted while working near power lines. The man was an employee of a local tree service.*
The man cannot remember much about his workplace accident except for the fact that he came into contact with a high voltage power line that sent a 7,200 volt shock through his body.
"It got me on the shoulder right here, and it got me on the head," the victim noted. "It burned my legs pretty good, right up in here."
Most of the details that the victim has on the accident comes from his co-worker and a family member who was on the job site with him.
The victim’s family member brought him down thirty feet from a tree that he was working on. The victim notes that during this process, his body was steaming and it smelled like burning flesh.
Due to the accident, the victim’s family member and co-worker thought that he was dead. As a result of the accident, the twenty two year old was taken by medical helicopter to Mission Hospital but was later moved to the JMS Burn Center in Augusta, Georgia. While there, he finally regained consciousness.
The victim is living with his parents over the next few weeks while he recovers. He also must wear a monitor on his heart for the next month.
There are no further details on the accident at this time.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.