Man Dies in Crash Following Two Vehicle Collision on Interstate 95
JACKSONVILLE, FL –according to an online news report at news4jax.com, a thirty one year old male perished after two vehicles collided on Interstate 95 located at Eighth Street. One of the vehicles left the roadway, plunged down an embankment and hit into two trees.*
Per the Florida Highway Patrol, both vehicles were going southbound on Interstate 95 when a Ford Focus operated by a male went across two lanes of travel and attempted to enter the right lane that was occupied by a Chevrolet Cruze. The driver of the Ford started to spin off the roadway and skid down close to Eighth Street before stopping and hitting trees.
This Ford Focus driver perished at the scene of the accident. No one located in the Cruze was injured, per the Florida Highway Patrol. The police note that the driver of the Ford was speeding, likely going at around 75 mph, when the accident occurred.
There are no further details on the accident at this time. The crash remains under investigation by local police.
The above story brings to mind the most common ways that accidents occur, which as noted herein, is often caused by speeding. Other causes of accidents include the following:
- Driving while distracted. The number of driving while distracted accidents continues to increase each year, even in states with hands free laws. Common distractions include texting, eating, drinking, reading, and grooming oneself when behind the wheel.
- Driving while impaired. Drunk driving is one of the most deadliest causes of accidents in the United States and leads to thousands of injuries and deaths each year.
- Reckless driving. This includes changing lanes too quickly, going at an excessive rate of speed, and engaging in road rage. Reckless driving leads to serious and often fatal accidents which are caused by carelessness.
- Inclement weather. Bad weather can make roads slick and lead to limited visibility.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.