Man Charged with Driving Under the Influence Following Interstate 75 Accident
TIFT COUNTY, GA – According to an online news report at walb.com, traffic was backed up over the weekend on Interstate 75 north following an accident involving a driver of a tractor trailer. The accident caused three lanes of traffic to be blocked. Exit 61 was also blocked as a result of the accident.*
The driver of the truck, a 28 year old man, was entering the ramp of Exit 61 in Tift County, Georgia. He was speeding and lost control of the 18-wheeler, causing it to flip over and strike three other vehicles, per the Georgia State Patrol.
Two lanes reopened however, one lane and Exit 61 were still closed for hours as workers cleared the wreckage. The truck driver sustained minor injuries in the crash. It is not known as to the status of the other drivers that were struck by the twenty eight year old. The trucker is being charged with driving under the influence, according to the Georgia State Patrol.
There are no further details on the accident this time. The crash remains under investigation by the local police.
When an impaired driver causes an accident, it is not just criminal charges they will face, as they could also be liable for damages or injuries that resulted in the crash. If you believe you were struck by a drunk driver, the actions you take following the accident are crucial in ensuring that you obtain the maximum amount of compensation possible for your losses and injuries.
The steps you should take after an accident with a driver include, but are not limited to the following:
- Call the police
- Cooperate with law enforcement
- Collect as many details as possible, including the license plate and license number of the at fault driver, their insurance information, the make and model of their vehicle, photographs of the scene, and eyewitness information.
- Seek medical attention if you are hurt in the crash
- Contact one of our seasoned Georgia Traffic Accident Injury Attorneys immediately to preserve your legal rights and interests
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com -click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.