Hit and Driver Strikes Pedestrian in Pensacola, Florida; Caught on Camera
PENSACOLA, FL – According to an online news report at wkrg.com, the Pensacola Police are seeking help to locate a vehicle that slammed into a pedestrian on Palafox Street and fled the scene.*
The incident happened in the early morning on Palafox Street between Romana and Garden streets. The pedestrian was a twenty two year old pedestrian, who was crossing at a designated crosswalk on Palafox Street. He was struck by a white Toyota Tundra going in a northerly direction on the roadway. This pickup truck may have sustained damage to the driver’s side rear view mirror and/or the left front fender.
The pedestrian was transported to a local hospital with severe injuries but has since then been released. Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact Officer Brad Buddin at 850-436- 5409 or Crimestoppers at 850-433-STOP.
Hit and run accidents are common across the United States. In fact, these types of accidents are a leading cause of death and injuries. Most states have laws that require a driver to have a minimum amount of automobile insurance to protect against bodily injury and property damage if an accident occurs. The reason for these laws is that a driver will be able to bear the financial responsibility should they cause an accident. However, these principles are abandoned when an at fault driver flees the scene of an accident. Common examples of hit and run crashes happen when a driver leaves an accident scene for the following reasons:
- A lack of insurance or minimum amounts of insurance
- A fight or flight reasons
- Driving while impaired by drugs and/or alcohol
- Fear over facing an angered victim
- Confusion when involved in a multi-vehicle accident
- Shock over hitting a pedestrian or cyclist
- A criminal record
- A warrant out for one’s arrest
- Driving without a license
- Driving with a suspended or revoked license
- Illegal alien status
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.