Pedestrian Found Dead in Gainesville, Georgia
GAINESVILLE, GA – According to an online news report at cbs46.com, a pedestrian was tragically found dead in Gainesville, Georgia earlier this week.*
Investigators were dispatched to the scene of an accident that involved a pedestrian in the early evening close to Lenox Drive and Athens Highway.
The victim is identified as a 57 year old man from Gainesville, Georgia.
Per the police report, a Nissan Sentra hit the man as he was walking close to the road. The pedestrian sustained serious injuries in the accident and as a result, was transported to a local hospital for treatment. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital due to the extent of the man’s injuries.
This is an active and ongoing investigation. Anyone with information about this incident, please call us at (770) 534-5252.
The above story brings to mind the ways in which pedestrian accidents can be prevented. These are as follows:
- Wear bright clothing during the day and reflective clothing at night so drivers can see you.
- Pay attention to your surroundings. Do not walk and text, as this could lead to an accident. Overall, you should avoid all distractions when walking.
- Do not jaywalk. Jaywalking refers to crossing a road outside of a designated crosswalk. Always use a crosswalk when going across a roadway.
- Choose a crosswalk that is well lit and visible to other drivers.
- Walk in well-lit areas. Do not walk on a dark roadway where visibility is minimal.
- Make eye contact with the drivers in your path to be sure they see you before you cross a roadway.
- Walk on a sidewalk, which is safer than walking on a road, especially at night.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.