Man Reports MacBook Pro Explosion, Fire Resulting in Home Damage
According to an online story posted on 9to5mac.com, a man has reported that his MacBook Pro exploded and caught on fire, resulting in damage to his home. Thankfully, according to the man’s report, he was not injured in the incident.*
A man who is reportedly a DJ recently posted a video and messages on social media saying that his MacBook Pro laptop computer was smoking on the ground following what he described as an explosion. The man said the computer’s power cord was plugged in, and he was using it normally, when the device started to “spew smoke” out of the sides.
The man’s account of the incident says that he placed the computer onto the floor immediately, after which it started making popping noises and caught on fire. The smoke alarms in the man’s house went off, he said, and the incident resulted in some damage to his floor and potential smoke damage to his home. Fortunately, the man said he was not injured.
The man indicated that he took the computer to a local Apple store when it had cooled down enough to transport. He said the store representative appreciated the severity of the incident and told him the laptop would need to remain in a fire-proof safe for 24 hours before it could be inspected. He was then told by a representative that the case had been escalated and Apple would contact him soon.
While he was frustrated to be without his computer for an extended period of time, he wrote that he was glad the incident was not worse, commenting, “imagine if I had been on a plane.”
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.