Seventy Five Year Old Man Struck by 18-Wheeler Tragically Dies
KISSIMMEE, FL – According to an online news report at positivelyosceloa.com, a seventy five year old man who was attempting to cross United States Highway 192 was struck by a semi-truck. The man died as a result of the impact of the crash.*
Per the Florida Highway Patrol, a seventy five year old man was tragically struck and killed by an 18-wheeler earlier this week in the easterly lanes of United States Highway 192 close to Big Sky Boulevard. The accident occurred between Kissimmee and St. Cloud, which caused the Florida Highway Patrol to close all easterly lanes of the roadway.
According to local troopers, the man was not located in a crosswalk when he was trying to go across United States Highway 192 in the early morning hours. As a result, he was struck by a semi-truck that was driven by a twenty four year old man from Orlando, Florida. The victim, due to the impact of the crash, died at the scene of the accident.
It is not clear whether alcohol was a factor in influencing the seventy five year old man to cross the highway outside of a crosswalk. The accident remains under investigation by local police. There are no further details on the accident at this time.
Across the United States, thousands of pedestrians are struck each year, the causes of which can vary. The main factors that contribute to pedestrian accidents are as follows:
- Failing to cross at a crosswalk/jaywalking
- Distractions such as cell phones
- Left hand turns
- Quiet vehicles
- Dark clothing, especially worn at night
- Alcohol and/or drug impairment
- Multi-lane, high speed roadways
- Suburban and urban roadways
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.