Police Seek Hit and Run Driver Responsible for a Motorcycle Accident in Butts County, Georgia
BUTTS COUNTY, GA – According to an online news report at ajc.com, police are searching for a male driver who struck two motorcyclists and then fled the scene of the accident.*
Police are conducting a search for a male driver who struck two individuals on a motorcycle and then fled the scene of the accident. The crash occurred in Butts County, Georgia.
The accident occurred in the early morning on Georgia Highway 87 close to Floyd Street in Flovilla, Georgia. Both the individuals on the motorcycle were injured as a result of the impact of the crash.
The male driver who hit the motorcyclists was operating a silver Toyota Corolla. The vehicle was recently recovered, per the local police.
Anyone with information about the driver is asked to contact police at 770-254-7247.
There are no further details on the accident at this time. The accident remains under investigation by the local police. The current status of the injured motorcyclists is not known.
According to nationwide statistics, approximately eleven percent of all accidents involve a hit and run driver. There are several reasons why a driver decides to flee the scene of an accident, which includes the inability to pay for the damages and injuries that a victim sustains. Why some drivers choose to flee the scene include the following:
- A lack of insurance
- Driving a vehicle with no license
- Driving a vehicle with a suspended license
- Undocumented illegal alien status
- The driver was in the act of committing a crime at the time the victim is hit
- There is a warrant out for the driver’s arrest
- Drug and/or alcohol impairment
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.