Pedestrian Killed in Cobb County Hit and Run Accident in Cobb County, Georgia
COBB COUNTY, GA – According to an online news report at fox5atlanta.com, police are conducting a search for a driver involved in hit and run accident that resulted in the death of a pedestrian in Cobb County, Georgia.*
Per investigators, a man who is unidentified was attempting to go across South Cobb Drive close to Pat Mell Road when he was struck by a pickup truck hauling a cargo trailer. The driver of the pickup truck failed to stop to render aid to the victim, per local police.
According to Cobb County investigators, an unidentified man was trying to walk across South Cobb Drive near Pat Mell Road Saturday night when he was hit by a cargo trailer.
The male pedestrian was transported to a local hospital where he tragically died due to the extent of his injuries.
Pedestrian accidents can occur based upon a number of different factors. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), the following are common conditions and causes of pedestrian collisions and fatalities:
- Pedestrian accidents are most likely to involve a sports utility vehicle or vehicles that have a high horsepower
- Most pedestrian accidents occur at night when visibility is low
- They typically occur in urban and suburban locations
- Pedestrian accidents normally occur outside the location of an intersection
- They are most common on busy roadways
- Contributing factors in pedestrian accidents include defective road design, lack of lighting and speed limit enforcement, per the IIHS
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
Source:http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/pedestrian-killed-in-cobb-county-hit-and-run and sections with in https://www.iihs.org/topics/fatality-statistics/detail/pedestrians