Serious Accident on Interstate 16 Westbound in Bullock County, Alabama
BULLOCH COUNTY, GA – According to an online news report at wtoc.com, the Georgia Department of Transportation tweeted out that all lanes of Interstate 16 at mile marker 169 have been closed due to an accident. The accident happened on Saturday morning and was cleared several hours later.*
According to an online report from patch.com, traffic jams in Atlanta and throughout Georgia are commonplace with the constant flow of motorists traveling to and from the beach destinations in Florida. Also, large stretches of rural roads add to the traffic issues because they get backed up by having only one lane going in each direction. This is why the State of Georgia ranks fourteenth in the country for the most deadly roads.
Per the website 24/7WallSt.com, which is a financial news and opinion site, analyzed the rate of motor vehicle fatalities in every state across the country to determine which had the most deadliest roadway. Georgia
The financial news and opinion site 247WallSt.com looked at 2016 motor vehicle crash death rates in every state to see which had the most dangerous roads. Georgia came in between Florida and Illinois, according to the rankings.
The breakdown for Georgia, per the report, is as follows:
- Rank: 14th
- Road deaths per 100,000: 15.1
- 2016 roadway deaths: 1,554 (4th most)
- Seat belt use: 97 percent
- Deadliest holiday in 2016: Martin Luther King's Birthday (17 fatal crashes)
- Fatal crashes on rural roads: 39 percent
The study conducted by 24/7Wall St.com noted that the states with the highest rate of motor vehicle fatalities were located mostly in the south, while the northeast and Midwest were the safest states.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
Source:https://www.wtoc.com/2019/05/25/all-lanes-blocked-i-westbound-bulloch-county-after-crash/ and https://247wallst.com/special-report/2018/06/19/states-with-the-most-dangerous-roads/2/ and https://patch.com/georgia/atlanta/here-s-how-georgia-ranks-deadliest-car-crashes
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.