Man from Macon Dies After Being Ejected from Vehicle
MACON, GA – According to an online news report at macon.com, a man from Macon is dead after a single vehicle accident that occurred on the Eisenhower Parkway close to the Ivey Drive intersection.*
A fifty-seven-year-old man was a passenger in a pickup truck. The driver of the truck lost control of the vehicle and started to hydroplane. As a result, the truck flipped over numerous times. The man was ejected due to the impact of the accident and tragically died.
An unexpected accident can happen at any time. As such, it is important to be armed with as much knowledge as possible as to the steps you can take should you be involved in an accident. These are as follows:
- Pull your vehicle over, if possible. If you are not injured and your vehicle is still able to be operated, it is critical that you move over to a safe place to avoid being hit by oncoming vehicles. If you cannot move your vehicle, flip your hazard lights on to alert other drivers as to your presence.
- Call 911. Even if you think you are not injured, call 911 so that a police report is filed, which is very helpful when dealing with filing an insurance claim.
- Gather information. Following an accident, be sure to collect the following information:
- Driver and passenger names and contact information
- License plate number
- License number
- Insurance information
- The name and contact information of eyewitnesses
- Make and model of all vehicles involved
- The name and badge number of police who arrive at the scene
- Location of the accident
- Photographs/video footage of the scene
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.