Woman Dies in Head-on Collision with a Dump Truck
MILLEDGEVILLE, GA – According to an online news report at 13wmaz.com, a woman is dead after a collision with a dump truck.*
An eighty one year old woman was killed in a head-on crash with a dump truck in Baldwin County.
Per the Georgia State Patrol, the accident occurred at around 12:40 p.m. where the woman slammed into a dump truck head on. The crash happened on Georgia Highway 22 close to the Hancock and Baldwin County border. The police note that the woman, from Sparta, Georgia, was going in an easterly direction while driving a Chevy Malibu where she crossed over the center line of the roadway. This caused her vehicle to slam head-on into a Mack 700 dump truck. The woman died at the scene of the accident. The dump truck driver reportedly did not sustain any injuries. There are no charges currently being filed in the accident. The crash remains under investigation by the Georgia State Patrol.
The above report brings to mind the ways in which head-on collisions can be avoided. These are as follows:
- Slow down. Speeding is often a factor in head-collisions. By slowing down, you increase your reaction time as well as your braking distance.
- Be alert. Make sure to scan your surroundings and look out for road signs, pavement markings, and signals.
- Be careful when passing other vehicles. Make sure when passing vehicles that you have enough space to do so in a safe manner. Never attempt to pass a vehicle if there is an oncoming car in your path.
- Avoid distractions. Driving while distracted is now one of the most common causes of accidents. Put your phone down and be sure to pay attention to the road.
- Do not drink and drive. Never consume alcohol or take drugs before driving. This leads to serious and sometimes fatal accidents, as these substances impair your ability to drive safely.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.