Motorcyclist Dies in MacArthur Causeway Accident, Causing Traffic to Backup for Hours
MIAMI, FLORIDA – As reported online by wsvn.com, a motorcyclist sustained fatal injuries in an accident on MacArthur Causeway, leaving many questions as to what went wrong.*
On May 12, 2019, a motorcyclist was traveling westbound on the MacArthur Causeway when he crashed his motorcycle near Fountain Street. The cause of the accident is unknown, but one witness states that he saw the motorcycle traveling by itself.
Local law enforcement officials diverted traffic on the westbound lanes of the MacArthur Causeway for many hours following the tragic motorcycle accident.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Operating a motorcycle safely can be a tough task. As such, all motorcyclists should be experienced and qualified to travel by motorcycle on Florida roads and highways. Motorcycle accidents happen for a variety of reasons that are unique from accident to accident. Common causes of motorcycle accidents in Florida include, among others, the following:
- Inattentive driving;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Driver or motorcycle inexperience, which can result in losing control of a motorcycle or another vehicle;
- Weather conditions;
- Failure to yield;
- Failure to stop at a red light or stop sign; and
- Vehicular failure (failed brakes or tires, for example).
Some motorcycle accidents, like the one that recently claimed a life on the MacArthur Causeway, are single-vehicle accidents, only involving a motorcyclist. In such cases, authorities can narrow down the potential cause(s) of the accident.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iRideSafe.com, click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.