Injured? Dial #WIN or #946 from your cellphone for your free consultation or call 1-800-LAW-NEED.
Call Us 24/7
( 1-800-529-6333 )
Click to Call 24/7

Injuries Reported Following Jacksonville Accident That Shut Down I-275 Near 22nd Avenue S

May 04, 2019

JACKSONVILLE, FL – According to an online news article published by, a car accident on I-275 near 22nd Avenue S left multiple lanes closed, with injuries reported.*

According to the Florida Department of Transportation, an evening accident caused a massive traffic pileup that lasted beyond 11:00 p.m.  The specific details of the accident are unknown, but authorities did confirm that the accident involved injuries.  

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Florida Car Accidents

Car accidents are a fact of life for Florida residents, and even though nobody ever expects to be involved in a car accident, it can happen to anyone.  Many people may not know what to do following an accident and whether they have any recourse if they are injured or if their vehicles sustain damage.  The following frequently asked questions (FAQs) and answers should help Florida drivers have a better understanding of what to do if they are involved in an accident.

How is fault determined?

Florida's traffic laws are most important when determining fault, but investigations from law enforcement personnel can provide insight into which driver is at fault in a multi-vehicle accident.  However, sometimes not all facts are available initially following an auto accident, and additional evidence can be discovered, shedding additional light onto what happened.

What Should I Do if I have Suffered Injuries from a Car Accident?

Seek medical attention immediately.  Ensuring you have treated your injuries following a car accident is always the most important step to take.  The severity of your injuries may not be clear until you see a doctor who can perform a full evaluation.  You should also call one of our attorneys at Montlick & Associates to learn about your legal rights as well as what steps can be taken to protect those rights.

Will Insurance Cover My Injuries and Property Damage?

Florida mandatory PIP coverage will generally pay 60% of lost wages and your medical expenses up to the limits of $10,000.  However, if the injuries sustained are not deemed to be an emergency, PIP will pay up to $2,500. In the event of death, PIP will pay up to $5,000 in funeral expenses.  If you have collision coverage, your insurance can pay for our property damage, subject to a deductible, and the amount for which you are eligible is dependent on whether your car is repairable, or whether the amount it costs to repair your vehicle is more than the market value of your vehicle.  If someone else is at fault for your accident, you can also pursue a claim against the at-fault driver's insurance for what PIP does not cover, so long as the person is covered by liability insurance coverage.

Do I Need to Wait for Police if I am Involved in a Minor Accident?

We recommend that you always get the police involved for any automobile accident, so information and evidence at the scene is documented.

Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes.  To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including, click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at


* Disclaimer / Questions / Concerns

Category: Accident News

Please Note:
All information provided by our blogs is general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Consult a Montlick attorney for details about your unique situation.

We have updated our privacy policy. By continuing, you are agreeing to our terms.